Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

CARDS

I actually made a couple of cards...I think this is the first creative thing I've done all summer.The past few months have been tough ones and I feel as if I have missed the entire summer, but with the weird weather I guess I haven't missed much??
So about these cards...the first one is a Thank You card I made for a friend who was kind enough to buy this fabulous new bat punch for me-its HUGE and I love it...thanks Carolyn!!
And the 2nd card is I made just because...I made some beautiful marbled paper and wanted to use it(also used it on the bat above) along with the Butterfly Die i bought from Stampin Up-I'm not a huge fan of Stampin Up, i don't think they pay their demonstrators enough for all the hard work they do for the company and I detest that ridiculous handling fee they charge on orders but once in awhile I have to order something. Anyhow-the butterfly die is really nice-it works in my Cuttlebug and has four sizes of butterflies on one die. The larger one here measures 4" across. I used a simple piece of purple wire for the antenaes and three clear dewdrops for the body-the sentiment is from Stampendous.
There is still a bit of summer left and I am going to my best to enjoy it.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mary.....Love your cards. I'm trying to be creative and sometimes I am and sometimes I'm not. Liz and I are going to exchange a card once a month. Summer has been strange, but for me a blessing because I HATE heat.

    I wish for you everyday is better. Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW MARY~ I love the Marble Paper!!!!
    How did you do that?
    And I do so love BUTTERFLIES! That Butterfly card is so pretty!
    Why yesterday I actually had a MONARCH Butterfly here.....only 1. Used to see lots of them...but they seem few and far between now.
    Glad you are posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping to have a tutorial on the marbled paper sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you today. I also love the paper. Gonna share??????

    ReplyDelete
  5. So where is that tutorial????? Maybe you could share at paper arts some time. Take Care Deana

    ReplyDelete